Start a Conference Call
1. Call the first participant.
2. In the active call window, select Show Actions, then click Add Call.
3. Call the second participant. Click Show Actions and select Conference.
Continue to Add Call more parties, up to 8 including yourself.
VIEW CALL HISTORY
Click the Calls icon. The number indicates missed calls.
Select All or Missed to list your calls.
The entries function exactly like contacts, allowing you to call back, chat, send email, etc., to the caller.
Chats are not saved.
Listen to Voicemail, Delete a Message
Click the Voicemail icon to display your messages.
Double-click a message or select a message and click the Play button.
Click Delete to more the message to the Trash.
Mark a Message as Read
Select one or more voicemail items, press Ctrl-click and select Mark as Read.
Undelete a Message
To undelete a message, click the Trash button at the top of the list of messages. Click on a message to select, then click the Undelete button to restore the message to your Voicemail Inbox.
Call back, send email, or chat invitation
Message entries function exactly like contacts, allowing you to call back, chat, send email etc., to the caller.
Call voice mail to change settings, record a greeting, etc.
Click the Voicemail icon in the icon bar
Click the Dial Voicemail button at the end of the Messages List.
The Status menu is located in the lower right of the jabber window.
Forward Incoming Calls
Forward calls to another extension if you wish.
Permission is required to forward to a long distance number.
Open user preference settings by selecting Open Call Preferences.
You can change your chat text formatting, automatic Presence status flags, and more.
The privacy option allow you to control who can see your status and send you messages.
or call 330-672-HELP
PRESENCE (AVAILABILITY STATUS)
To change your Presence status, click the drop-down list below your name in the Jabber window and select a status indicator. Select Custom... to type a custom message flag.
Create a Group
1. From the Settings menu at lower left select Add Group ...
2. Type the Group Name and click OK. The new group appears in the Jabber Window
Add KSU Contacts
1. From the Settings menu, select Add Contact. Enter part of the person name or user id into the Search field
and select the matching record .
2. Select a group, click the Add button.
Add External Contacts
1. From the Settings menu, select Add Contact. Click the Add Personal Contact button.
2. Enter the contact information, select a group if desired, and click Add.
Add another number or a nickname for a Contact
1. Click or hover over the contact name to view profile information. Click the i information icon.
2. Click Edit in the Info pane that appears.
3. Add a nickname, enter additional phone numbers as desired, and Save.
Start a Chat
1. Double-click a contact Name in your contact list
2. Type your message into the lower field of the window.
3. (Optional) Format text, add an emoticon, transfer a file.
4. Press Enter/Return to send the message.
Chat Window Options
Voice Call - Initiates an audio call. If you are chatting
with multiple people, this initiates a conference call.
Add Participants - Search your contacts list and the KSU directory and add people to your chat.
Tip: Drag a name from your contact list to add the person to your chat.
Format Chat Text - Select a font, type size, color.
Emoticons - Select from a palette of smileys.
File attachment - transfer a file via chat. Don't close the chat window until the transfer is complete.
Use Jabber as a phone
In the Call Settings menu at lower right in the Jabber window, select Send Audio through Computer.
Calls can now be controlled from Jabber.
Note: if you are using Jabber to make calls with a laptop when you are away from your office, be sure to select
Send Audio through Computer, or those near your desk phone will hear conversations broadcast through your desk phone speaker.
Place a Call
Select one of the following:
Receive a Call
Click Answer in the call window that pops up on the screen.
Or select Decline to refuse the call.
Call Management Options
During an active call , use these icons to control call functions:
There is a red button to
Click to display more call options:
Add Call to conference, or add another party to the call
Transfer to send the call to another extension or to voice mail, select a contact and click Call. When they answer,
click Complete Transfer.