When you click in the title bar, Jabber does not close completely, but minimizes to the Windows system tray. Click the Jabber icon in the System Tray to re-open the Jabber window.
To Close the Jabber application, right-click the Jabber icon the System Tray and select Exit. Or from the File menu of the open Jabber window, select Exit.
Click the Contact list icon to see contacts and their availability indicators.
View your call lists by clicking the Calls icon.
Select the number of calls to View (All, Today, Yesterday, etc.)
and filter the call Type to view (All, Placed, Received, Missed.)
Voice mail messages
Click a message or click the Play button.
View Outlook Calendar
Click to view your meetings for today.
Arrow forward or back to page through the week.
Open Jabber Help Links
PHONE CONTROL MENU
The phone control menu icon is in the lower right corner of the
Use your computer as a phone
Select "Use my computer for calls" to place calls using your
laptop speaker and microphone, or a USB headset. You can
place calls using Jabber when you are within a KSU campus
Chat or call from call list or Voice mail
Right-click an entry in the list and select Call back or Chat.
Mark a Voice mail message as read or new
Select one or more voice mail items, right-click and select Mark as Read or Mark as New.
Delete a call record or voice mail message
Right-click an item and choose Delete.
Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
Use Jabber to Dial your desktop phone
Select "Use my phone for calls." Click a contact to dial and pick up the phone handset hen they answer.
When "Use my phone" is selected, the call will be broadcast through the desk phone speaker if the handset is not picked up.
The conversation will be audible to those nearby.
Select File menu -> Options -> Privacy to control who can view your Presence status and send you messages.
or call 330-672-HELP
PRESENCE (AVAILABILITY STATUS)
Click the drop-down menu under your name in the Jabber window
and select a status message, or type a custom status message
into the status field.
A grey indicator means the contact is not logged in to Jabber,
or is not yet a Jabber user.
Select the File menu -> Options -> Status to have Jabber
automatically set your Presence to "Away" when your computer
Create a Group
1. Choose File menu -> New -> Group.
2. Type a Group Name and click Create. The new group
appears in the Jabber Window
Add Contacts to a Group
1. Search for the contact name.
2. Select the contact from the list that appears and click the
Plus icon + to Select a Group and Add the contact.
Jabber will also search your Outlook contacts list.
Right-click a contact to Edit Profile, and Add a Nickname for the contact if you wish.
Right-click a contact to Remove the contact.
Right-click on a contact and select Move to Group, and assign the contact to a different Group.
CHAT (INSTANT MESSAGING)
Start a Chat
1. Double-click a contact Name in your contact list
2. Type a message.
3. (Optional) Format the text, add an emoticon.
4. Press the Enter key.
Start a Group Chat
Highlight the contacts to include in the chat by <ctrl>-clicking each contact, and Right-click to Start Group Chat. Or right-click on a group name to Start Group Chat with all members of the group.
Chat Window Options
Voice Call - Initiate an audio call: or when chatting with a group, start a conference call.
Add Participant - Search for and add a contact to the active chat.
Format Chat text - Select font, type size, color, style.
Emoticons - Select from a menu of smileys.
Send a file - Keep the chat window open until the file transfer is complete. (If the icon is grey, the recipient cannot receive a file transfer.)
Set Chat Text Default Formatting
Select File -> Options -> Chats to format the text.
Place a Call
From your Jabber contact list, do one of the following:
1. Hover over a contact and click the phone icon.
2. Right-click a contact, select Call. If the contact has more than one number, select Work or Mobile.
3. Type the number in the Search field, press Enter.
4. Enter a name in the Search field. Hover over the contact in the list, and click the phone icon.
Receive a Call
Click the Answer button in the call window that appears on the screen when you have an incoming call.
Manage Calls with call window options
Open dial pad
Display call options: Hold , Transfer, Merge, Conference
Start a Conference Call
1. Highlight the contacts to include in the conference call by <ctrl> clicking each contact. Or right-click on a group name to select all members of the group.
2. Select Start Conference Call or Start Video Conference Call.
3. In the Active Conference Call window, click the Call button for the first participant. When they answer, click Join.
4. Repeat step 3 for each participant in the call.
Merge two or more Calls
1. Put the active call on Hold and place the second call.
2. In the Active Conversation window, click the drop-down menu button. Select Conference With, and then select the other Call that appears in the window.
1. Select the Down Arrow in the Active Conversation window and select Transfer to > Contact.
2. In the Transfer Call dialog box, type a phone number and press the Enter key.
Or Search for a contact by name, select a contact from the results li st, and then click Call. Click Transfer when the call is answered.