Microsoft‘s Office 365 email retention policy is set to save messages for 16 days after they have been permanently deleted from a user’s Deleted Items folder. Items may become permanently deleted in a number of ways. The most likely examples are:
This process applies to all Office 365 users, whether primary email access is done from OWA, Outlook 2010 for Windows or Outlook 2011 for Mac.
1. Log on to OWA at https://mail.kent.edu
2. Right-Click on your Deleted Items folder and then select Recover Deleted Items.
3. Select message(s) to delete from recovery. The most you can select at a time is 50.
4. Click X icon to complete the finish the message deletion from recovery.
Permanently Deleting Messages in Outlook 2010
Outlook 2010 for Windows can also perform this function within the client, but Outlook 2011 for Mac cannot.
1. In Outlook 2010, select the Folder tab and click the Recover Deleted Items button. A new window will pop-up.
2. Select the message(s) to delete from recovery.
3. Click the X icon to complete the finish the message deletion from recovery.