Under the Cisco Unity Voicemail system, messages will remain in your Inbox for 30 days, at which time they will be moved to your Deleted Items folder. Items over 30 days old will be automatically removed from your Deleted Items folder. If you have voicemail messages you wish to keep longer than 30 days, follow these instructions.
Revealing On My Computer Folders in Outlook 2011 for Mac
1. Click the words Outlook from the menu bar.
2. Select Preferences.
3. In Outlook Preferences, click on General under Personal Settings.
4. Uncheck the checkbox next to, “Hide On My Computer Folders.”
5. Click the red circle to close the window.
To save voice mail messages on the Exchange server (accessible from OWA)
After revealing the On My Computer Folders, do the following to create a voice mail folder that will be accessible from the Exchange server.
1. Right click (control + Click the mouse for those that have a one button mouse) on Kent.
2. Select New Folder from the pop out menu.
3. Name the new folder Voice Mail. Click anywhere in the Outlook window to save the folder name.
The new folder will be added to your Outlook folder structure. Double check to make sure that the new folder IS NOT a subfolder under your Inbox folder. If you wish to create subfolders under your new folder, simply right click on the new folder, select New Folder, and follow steps 2 and 3 above.
To save voice mail on your hard drive: Create a Folder Under the On My Computer Inbox
After revealing the On My Computer Folders, do the following to create a voice mail folder on your local computer and will not be accessible from the Exchange server.
1. Click the triangle next to Inbox.
2. Right click (control + Click the mouse for those that have a one button mouse) on On My Computer.
3. Select New Folder from the pop out menu.
4. Name the new folder Voice mail. Click anywhere in the Outlook window to save the folder name.
To move voice mail messages to Folders
1. Right click on the message. 2. Hover your mouse cursor over Move. 3. Click Choose Folder...
4. Type the folder name in the search text box, Voice mail was used in this example.
5. Select the folder you want to move it to. Note: where the folder is located underneath the folder name.
6. Click the Move button.
Messages can also be moved by dragging and dropping, placing the Move to Folder button on the ribbon, or by setting up a rule to move messages.
Message deletion warning
Voice mail messages will automatically be deleted from your inbox after 30 days unless they are moved to a folder (see instructions above). You will receive notification similar to the message shown below 5 days prior to the system moving your voicemail messages into the deleted folder. The messages will remain in your Deleted Items folder for another 30 days, the maximum time any deleted item can remain in that folder. After 30 days, voice mail messages will be deleted from your Deleted Items without prior notification.
From: KSU Voice mail System [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 3:36 PM
To: Enduser, John
Subject: System message from Kent State Voice mail Administrators regarding voice mail from ENDUSER, GEORGE
This is an automated message from the KSU Voice mail System informing you that your message from ENDUSUER,GEORGE, which was received on March 21, 2012 3:21 PM, will be moved to your email Deleted Items folder in 4 day(s). This message will be removed from the email Deleted Items Folder and the Voice mail System after another 30 days. If you would like to retain this voice mail message, please move the email message to a subfolder in your email client.